It feels so good to be back in the swing of things. The cough I had is down to a bare minimum, more like almost non existent, and Scooter is feeling much better too. I actually felt like going out with a friend on Friday and doing some shopping. Wow, did we spend way too much! Oh well, you can't put a price on spending time with someone you care a great deal about, can you? We had such fun..we both needed new makeup and while I've only seen ads for Benefits, I've never tried it. What awesome service too! The young women working the counter treated us to complete makeovers and explained each product as they were applying it. They are natural products and NO testing is done on animals! The packaging as well as the shade names are very vintage and just adorable....for example, the name of the blush I ended up with is called Sugar Bomb, my foundation is Paper Dolls.... a combination makeup and powder all in one, which I love! My lips are LaLa Land. What cute names, huh? We had the best time, so I guess it was money well spent.
That evening, we had friends over for a mexican dinner and Scooter even helped me make the chicken enchiladas and spanish rice we served. We're learning we work very well together in the kitchen. We had such a great time...the guys spent most of the evening after dinner in the garage at Scooter's workbench learning how to reload shells for target practice and we women stayed inside catching up, and I somehow finally got talked into reading the book Twilight.
Yesterday, we decided to stay in and relax, so while Scooter tinkered with his guns and all that goes with it (research on the internet), I knitted and got all the laundry done. It was a fantastic weekend and we did catch the last five minutes of the superbowl game. Very exciting and surprising! Whoooooo would've ever thought the Saints could pull that one off?!!?
I hope you had a pleasant weekend and your week is off to a great start! :=)
The quilt is beautiful, froma distance it looks like skeins of yarn :-)
ReplyDeleteHey, you're right Courtney! I never thought of that each time I looked at it! I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are feeling better and having such a great... day shopping...weekend with friends.. Man.. I am a little jealous of your social life right now...
ReplyDeleteThe cloths are great! The quilt is cool..and I love what Courtney said.. how cool is that.. yarn skeins.. :)
Thank you, Toni! I know, isn't that cool what Courtney pointed out? I love it!! :=) I'll have to call it my yarn skein quilt now.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, you've been dragged kicking and screaming into the world of Twilight! I wish you luck. I've been so......obsessed with it for a year now. Help!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt. My grandmother had four quilt tops that her mother and aunts had made. Together she and I pieced them and hand-quilted them, one for each of us girls. The two summers that we spent quilting are such wonderful memories.
Thanks, Rita! I love to quilt, just don't find enough time to fit it all in sometimes. I'm currently about to start one for one of my granddaughters though...I'm excited!
ReplyDelete