Friday, January 14, 2011

Yarn, fabric and sports..it's all good!

The best part about having to stay home with a sore puppy, is that I have gotten quite a bit accomplished on my Sausalito cardigan, as well as what I'm calling my Slinky Spring Scarf aka Floaty Fall Scarf. I've only got two rows left to do on my scarf and I am so in love with this thing!!! It's crocheted out of Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Crochet Thread Size 10, and I got gauge with the suggested hook, size F. It is so soft and the drape is amazing!! To use any other yarn just does not do this design justice. I was originally going to use it for a birthday gift, but now I don't think I can bring myself to part with it, so I will just have to make another.

My cardigan now has a back and a right front to it, as well as the cast on for the left front. I'm hoping to find the time to work on it this weekend, but that is yet to be seen. I'm going to be busy all day on Sunday doing research with my granddaughter for her dress we have to make. It has to be from the Civil War era, and yesterday she sent me a picture of a dress she sketched. She has such wonderful talent and I'm pretty sure we can make it come to life! It's going to be beautiful, just like her!!! Yes, I'm a biased grandmother and I make no apologies.

I wanted to end this post today with a picture of what happens at 6 am every morning at our house during the week. Our sweet little fur baby hates it when her dad has to leave for work, so she keeps an eye on him for as long as she can. She sits in the doorway until she sees the last of the exhaust coming from his truck, straining her little neck because she knows she isn't really allowed out in the front yard. It's the cutest thing to watch.

It's Friday and the weather forecasters have told us we are in store for a very nice weekend here in northern California. Scooter and I have no real plans, so he mentioned going to Reno tomorrow to visit my older sister, stopping in at Scheels (down the street from said sister's house), and no trip up the hill would be complete without a stop at Jimmy Beans! In case you're wondering, Scheels is a very, very large sporting goods store. It's so big, they actually have a ferris wheel inside! Scooter and I love their shooting gallery...just too cool! We may even try our luck at a casino or two, you just never know. Whatever your plans are, I hope you have a safe and happy weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. OMG that picture of Maggie at the door is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's one of my favorites of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! So cute. My dog knocks me over with kisses and cuddles, when I return to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Shirley! I know what you mean...you'd think we had been gone a month when we return home. Maggie actually leaps up into our arms..it's the funniest thing. Like she has springs in her feet! lol

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by!