Monday, June 25, 2012

As Rod Stewart sings, "I am only human"

Recently, I was accused of saying something that I never said to someone. If I say something, especially something that hurts someone's feelings, I will own it. I don't have a problem with being called out on it, setting things back to 'right' if possible, apologizing, and moving forward. I also don't have a problem with having a face to face with the person(s) to clear the air. I like to think I'm more mature than someone who just wants to make the accusation, then cross their arms in front of them, say "hmmph", and walk away. I have repeatedly tried to contact this person, to no avail. It hurts knowing I don't even get the opportunity to apologize, not for what I allegedly said, but for things taking the direction they took. The irony of the whole situation though, is that the things I was accused of saying are true! They are also things I wouldn't have a problem saying to the person myself, and not through a second party, who obviously misconstrued them.

While I'm heartbroken, I'm not going to shrivel up and stop living. I have been given one life and will live it the way I want. If it doesn't conform to someone else's ideas or opinions of how I should live, then so be it. I am only human. I make mistakes, and yes, have been known to speak before I think, but again, if it hurts someone and they tell me, I have no problem with sincerely apologizing. It is never my intent to hurt someone, especially if it's someone I thought was close to me. Maybe that's where I went wrong. Maybe I thought the relationship with this person was more grounded than what it really was. I mean, seriously, if the relationship is an honest and heartfelt one, shouldn't you be able to talk about anything, even when problems arise? I don't know how to do half-hearted relationships. I'm done shouldering all the blame everytime something in this person's life, or anyone else's life for that matter, takes a wrong turn. I'm always good for a loan, or when they need a favor, which by the way, is never reciprocated, not that I need anything from anyone anyway. I only ever ask for respect, and if appropriate, love and trust, in a relationship. Not too much to ask for, agreed?

I happened to come across this today on the internet, and it pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right now:


As I said in previous posts, I promise, there has been knitting taking place. Truth of the matter is, I've just been too lazy to take pictures. They are coming though! A few days ago, I joined a KAL for a Romi Hill design, called Lyrica Euterpe. A dear friend of mine gifted me with a skein of Wollmeise Twin. There is no colorway on the label that I can see, but it's a deep burgundy color. I am loving this yarn!!! And the pattern? Ohmygoshgoodnessgraciousme!! It seriously makes me happy everytime I pick it up to work on it. In ancient Greek mythology, Euterpe was the Muse of lyric song, and her emblem is the aulo, or flute. Romi has done an exellent job of depicting Euterpe in this design. I absolutely love it and will more than likely go ahead and purchase the entire e-book that contains the other six patterns in her 7 Small Shawls; Year Two: The Muses.

Stay well, and be happy!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, thanks for adding me as a friend on Ravelry, love your projects! I thought I'd come and say hello on your blog. :)
    I know how upset you must be when accused wrongly, it's so frustrating too which makes it worse. This person obviously doesn't deserve a lovely friend like you!
    Jess xx
    PS, ...love Rod Stewart by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jess! Rod Stewart has always been my favorite..since I was 15 years old when I had first heard him! I go to ALL of his concerts when he comes to towns near where I live. :=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're so lucky! I would have loved to see him in the seventies, that's when I think he was at his best. :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by!