My hubby and I had such a wonderful weekend. We did some shopping in preparation for our new landscaping that is to be started on this week. We needed 'plugs' to cap off some of our automatic sprinklers, since they won't be needed any longer. While we were at the hardware store, we also purchased a new patio umbrella that I just love! It has solar powered LED lights all over it!!! I've lined up the landscaper (my cousin who owns his own company), and now all that's left to do is hire a cement contractor as we want some cement work done as well. I will sit back with my knitting and watch our backyard be transformed into our own little paradise!
Quite a bit of knitting and spinning happened over our long weekend, so today will be house cleaning day. The inside of our house gets so dusty from all of the work taking place in our yard. I just keep telling myself in the end it will be worth it. I think there's something like 291 stitches on my capelet and I'm on row 63 out of 88 rows. I am almost there and am excited to see it coming together. I have really gone out on a limb and not used a lifeline with this lace project. I'm just doing my best to be extra careful with it.
Sock number one is almost finished, and I love it!! I completed the toe this morning on it and will now put in my afterthought heel.
I'm still not sure if I like the colorway of the BFL I'm currently spinning, but I will finish it. Who knows? maybe by the time Fall rolls back around, I will end up loving it, and become inspired to knit it into something to wear. And if not, that's ok too. This is a braid of BFL from Fat Cat Knits in the Falling Leaves colorway. Just in case I didn't tell you that before...
We finally got some more rain yesterday! Not much, but a nice thirst quencher for the grass and plants. We are expecting another front to come through beginning tonight and into tomorrow. Even better though is snow in the higher elevations. It would be nice to get some decent measurable precipitation! We will take what we can get though...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!