After finally recovering from the crud that's going around, I couldn't hardly wait to get my house cleaned up again. So, I spent the day yesterday scrubbing floors, polishing furniture, vacuuming, laundry, you name it, it needed it! I am so pleased that I now have a spic and span house and everything feels and smells so fresh again. I can now focus on a goal I meant to accomplish last year and never got the opportunity. This year, I am going to do what I can to meet the goal of taking a finishing class. I wouldn't say I'm absolutely horrible at it, but I'm not very happy with the results on some of the garments I knit or crochet that have to be seamed. I'm in the process of seaming up the sweater I'm knitting for one of my granddaughters and I wish I had taken the class last year! I love the pattern, but I'm not loving the seaming up I'm having to do on it. Well, I don't really mind the actual process, but I wish I could make it look a little neater. So, I think what I'm going to do is sit down with pen and paper and make some notes of the goals I definitely want to take a look at in the very near future, so I don't lose sight of them.
I have a couple of birthday gifts I need to start on, one of them quickly. I'm thinking one of them might be one of the smaller shawls I have in my Ravelry queue. I'm not sure which one yet, as they are all equally beautiful. I do have some gorgeous Malabrigo in my stash, so it's not like I would need to go out and purchase the yarn for it. I should be finished with the granddaughter's sweater tomorrow, and then I will cast on for one of them.
I hope y'all had a great weekend and that your week got off to a good start today!
Take care, my friends!
A shawl sounds wonderful! Especially in Malabrigo
ReplyDelete