Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More cloths and a quilting revival

I seem to be on a roll with the dishcloths, but when I really like a pattern, I will usually do it more than once, especially if it's going to provide instant gratification. I made another one this morning and I'm not sure about it being in a variegated cotton. The pattern still stands out somewhat, but not as much as the solid ones. Doesn't really matter to me though as I just like how they feel in my hands. This was the perfect time to catch up on my dishcloth supply, while I'm waiting for Ravelympics to begin. This cloth will be going to someone else's home though and once they receive them ( I'm probably going to whip up another one), I will give up the secret.

Yesterday, I had to run a few errands and while I was out, I remembered I promised to make one of my granddaughters a new blanket for her bed. Originally, I said I would probably either knit or crochet it, but lately, I've been in a real sewing mood. I decided to purchase the fabric yesterday to make her a quilt in her favorite colors. These are what I came up with and the bigger piece of fabric to the left will be the backing. I can hardly wait to get started so I will make my template this afternoon for my squares. I will post a pic when I'm finished with it. It's been a while since I've done any quilting, so I'm blaming it all on my friend Linda that has sparked my interest in it again. She does some beautiful work!!!

I also picked up a book to read yesterday and I'm already 1/3 of the way through it. I couldn't put it down last night. A young friend is reading it and I thought it would give us something to discuss. So far, it's a very good story and there are even a few laughs in it. The movie comes out this Friday, but I'm not sure yet if we will go see it. If you haven't read Percy Jackson - The Lightening Thief, you are missing out!




2 comments:

  1. That quilt is going to be beautiful! I love making washcloths!!! The varigated looks wonderful!!! What are doing for the Ravelympics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...thank you! I love this cloth pattern and will be making more soon. Right now, I'm finishing up a charity project first for now. I'm doing the February Lady Sweater for the Ravelympics. I've wanted to knit it for quite a while now, so this is my chance to do it! I can hardly wait to get started tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by!