Monday, March 22, 2010

In the blink of an eye

We had made plans all week to go up on Saturday to the mountains with some family to do some target shooting. While it's not really my cup o' tea, I love that Scooter has a hobby he is so passionate about. I was along for the ride, the company, and a chance to be out in nature on such a gorgeous day. Not to mention the thrill of a picnic as well! The place we were taken to, federally owned land, is practically right in the neighborhood of my birthplace. I love going there as it's such a peaceful, quaint town. The progress around the town disturbs me, but the original little 'village' is still intact, and I feel right at home when I'm there. I could easily live there again, but most likely won't. Anyway, while we were there on Saturday, everyone but me, took turns honing their skills. The opportunity to have conversation does not present itself at an event like this, so I brought out the knitting and by the end of the day, I had another new dishcloth!





Just prior to leaving for the day, we received news of a horrible accident on the train tracks in a suburb of L.A. I know it was on Scooter's mind for much of the day, since it took the life of a guy he has known for over 25 years.... in fact, as a manager, Scooter approved his time card every month, even though he wasn't his direct supervisor. He was working on the tracks and for some unknown reason as of yet, his truck was hit by a Metrolink train. It's a reminder to us all of how precious life can be. You can walk out your front door in the morning headed to your job, and never return home to your family that night. My prayers and condolences are with this man's family.



Yesterday, Scooter and I spent the day catching up on chores that were neglected on Saturday due to our outing. It feels so nice to have a clean house, the laundry is done, my car is washed and waxed, and the yards are nicely manicured. No doubt, it was a full day that ended with babysitting some grandchildren... nothing brings us greater joy!!!
And now today, I'm left to knit as much as I want, so I have planned to work on my Sausalito (pattern no.0504 at the website) cardigan. I am loving this pattern and the yarn (Oyster colorway in the monochrome). It is so yummy soft to the touch...I will definitely be using more of Miss Bab's yarns!! I will update pictures of my progress soon...



I hope you have a terrific week. Remember to let those close to you know how much you love them, not just today, but everyday!

2 comments:

I'm so glad you stopped by!