Today is to be a busy day. I have two birthday presents to go shop for and a couple of packages to get off in the mail. Have a good day everyone! :=)
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Happy Birthday, Mother Earth
How will you celebrate Earth Day? Or will you? Perhaps this article might motivate you...http://theviewspaper.net/pacific-ocean-a-pool-of-plastic/ I haven't decided how I will do my part today, but I'm definitely more aware of the fact that we all must do something to preserve our planet. I wonder if the grocery stores are at least using biodegradeable plastic bags? I will have to check on that one. A couple of times a month, Scooter and I opt for plastic because we recycle them for kitty waste. I'm not sure how else we could handle that. We have a very persnickety cat who will only use his litter box. Honest. He refuses to use the outdoor facilities, and in a way, we're glad because he spends a good deal of his outdoor time next door at his buddy John's house. John is an older gentleman who loves to garden and putter around in his yards. I don't think he would appreciate our cat leaving his calling card in his flowerbeds. The other times when I shop for groceries, I do use cloth bags and have actually been contemplating knitting or crocheting up some of those cute market bags, since I have just about worn my cloth ones out. Those might even be fun to whip up and have on hand for some gifts!
I have made good progress on my Mara shawl and I think it's probably destined to become my 'go-to' shawl. The one you grab on your way out the door kind of shawl. All that garter stitch is starting to wear me out though, so I can hardly wait to get to the ruffle part (edging). So far, I'm up to 264 stitches across and I'm thinking I will go to 284. Soon! I'm loving the drape the Silky Wool is lending to the piece, and it's just so squishy! For the most part, I've probably been doing more stash enhancement than I have knitting though. A friend of mine, whom I met at Stitches West in '09, made a trip up to northern California, from where she lives in L.A. for a few days to visit some family and we got to hang out together on Monday. We had such a good time getting to know each other better...we began our day at a LYS, and after I did my fair share of enabling (you're welcome, S!), we went and had lunch at a local restaurant. Mind, I didn't get out of the LYS with what I went in there with either, rather I also made a purchase. I couldn't help it. The Malabrigo inventory was quite established this time and just looked ohsoyummy! I'm such a pushover for the sock weight, so I bought two more skeins of it. I'm going to need to take inventory of my stash, because as of right now, I believe I have enough Mal sock yarn for at least 4 pairs of new socks or shawls/kerchiefs. That's not counting the other sock yarns I have in my stash. My purchase the other day was for a skein in Ravelry Red and another in the Stonechat colorway.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!