Scooter and I have a flurry of activity going on this weekend, so we intend to take full advantage of putting our feet up this evening and just enjoy the quiet. We have a couple of birthday parties to go to, and of course, since the weather is going to be of stellar awesomeness, Scooter has some time planned to be spent with the local rifle club he belongs to. I have half a notion to go buy one of those big ol' hammocks for two and create my own little oasis in our backyard. I can envision it now...curl up in the gorgeous sunshine with a good book and something yummy to sip on...ahhhhhhhhh. I'm sure I can fit in a few minutes somewhere in the weekend. Right? Maybe?
I've only got something like eight more rows left to do on my Mara shawl and then I get to start the border. This shawl has been a real snoozer, but then I wanted something mindless to pick up and just start knitting on without having to refer to a chart or pattern. The border is probably going to be a big yawn too, but I know it's going to be very much appreciated when I need something warm to wrap around my neck and shoulders on cool evenings or this next Fall. After shopping yesterday, I stopped in for a much needed pedicure and actually took Scooter's socks in with me to work on. I didn't get too far, but hey, every little stitch counts for something and soon, I will cross the finish line with them. I will be very glad to get those off my needles. I'm not really keen on the Zauberball, but I do like watching it gradually change colors. These will be some very nice "dress" socks for the hubby. Enjoy your weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!