Even when I climbed out of bed this morning, I was still a bit skeptical about working towards 10k hours, in an effort to be the best I can be at the creative pursuit I chose. I pondered it over a couple cups of coffee and kept telling myself "walk the talk" with this, just as you have done most all your life with everything else. At least give it an honest effort for one day! One hour, if that's all you want to do. Once I began, it wasn't bad... I mean, I do love to watch the designs come together. Grinding the pieces of glass though, is NOT my favorite, but I only ended up with one teeny tiny almostcan'tsee cut on one of my pinkies. So, not bad for 4 hours work. Progress has been made and when Scooter stopped at home for lunch today, he even showed some interest in the craft of stained glass. He is a very good solderer and I need a LOT of practice, so I will look to him for guidance, when it comes time. I was anxious to foil a piece to see if I could remember how my foiler worked. As evidenced in the pic above, I did a great job with the one piece I tried. Woohoo! I'm finally gathering some enthusiasm! Now, I just need to find a way to track my hours.....
Tomorrow is Friday, so if I don't make it back here, I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!