Friday, April 9, 2010

Someday is right now

I have listened to the Lime 'n Violet podcast for a little more than a year now, and recently, Miss Violet has been talking about a project she's very excited about. I've been stalking her daily blog postings to learn more and to see if it's something I need to hop on board with. It is most definitely something I've decided I need and want to do. Honestly, I was a bit hesitant at first, I mean, is ten thousand hours possible for me? Or rather, is there something I would like to become better at that I would be willing to devote that many hours to? Am I willing to become more regimented in my daily routine, because that is what it's going to take? I began making mental notes of all the things I have interests in and whittled them down to a couple of things, or three. This does not include knitting/crocheting by the way. I'm perfectly satisfied with where I'm at in the yarn world. I keep going over the list in my head and continue to come back to three different things: stained glass, music, and scrapbooking/journaling. When I take a look at those ideas, it seems stained glass keeps coming back round to the forefront. It doesn't mean that I can't pursue the other two ideas at some point along the way, it just means that I want to strive for those 10k hours with the stained glass to perfect my skills and knowledge in the craft. Glass is what I dig. Nor does it mean that I can't stop somewhere along the way. See? Here's my get out of jail free card...At least I am going to make the effort, that much I know for sure!

Yesterday, I showed you a little shell I had frogged and restarted for another grandchild. I sat down with it last night and thought I would share my progress with you today. I'm pretty pleased with it thus far, but I'm worried that it's going to now be too big for intended child. I followed a sizing chart in the Knitter's Companion, so at this point, I'm just going to trust that it will all work out. Sometimes my eyes deceive me. I will work on it some more today, but I also would like to get some reading time in, something I've neglected for a couple of weeks. The weather isn't going to hold out for much longer, I'm sorry to say, so I want to take advantage of it while I can and do the things I want to do on my patio today. There are also many preparations I need to make before beginning my 10kH, which starts on April 15th...less than a week away! Time to get on out to my patio and enjoy the beginnings of spring while I can.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by!