One thing I know I want to definitely knit for myself again is the February Lady Sweater. I wore mine again yesterday to the game, and I gotta tell ya...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweater!! It just feels so good on and it has been years (30?) since I have worn anything I knitted for myself, besides socks! Just too much fun I tell ya!!!
That little red number above is the sweater I'm knitting for one of our little granddaughters...the one I spoke of in my last post. I'm nearly finished with the front, have frogged the back from the first time I began knitting this a few years ago, and should be done with it in no time. It's a fast little knit, and going to be so cute!
I came home from the game and found Scooter already home. We decided to stay in for the rest of the day, so I put on a crockpot of lima aka butter beans and ham. Nothing goes better with a hearty bowl of beans and ham than cornbread, right? I make mine from scratch (always have) and talk about yummy!! It was THE perfect meal for such a cold day, and always takes me back to my southern roots...corny, huh? lol Scooter wanted seconds, but restrained himself since he is wanting to drop the pounds. I am sooo proud of him! In two and a half weeks, he has lost 13 pounds!!! I will reveal at a much later date what we are doing (some of you already know).
For the rest of the afternoon, he puttered about in his garage, we surveyed some flowerbeds we want to make some changes to, and I got in some knitting time. So far, it's been a wonderful weekend! Today, we plan to go visit with my mom show my mom how to set up her DVD player, do a little grocery shopping on the way back home, and settle in for the evening. It has begun to pour down the rain now, but hey, it's a free car wash, right?
Besides, here's what April showers bring..... these were some bulbs my friend Ellen gave me last year for my birthday. Beautiful, aren't they?!!? I love bulbs, so that is what one of my flowerbeds is going to turn into...a bulb garden. Thank you, Ell!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!