Monday, September 20, 2010

The spice of life

This morning's blog post has been started about four times now, as each idea that pops into my head seems better than the last. I will start by saying we had a wonderful weekend, with a trip to the mountains for a grandson's birthday party on Saturday, and yesterday, we split the day with a little something each of us wanted to do. Scooter got up early so he could spend a little time at the firing range before it fills up as it usually does on the weekends. While he was gone, I managed to get some knitting done on my Oregon vest, while I had my morning coffee. I have really made some progress on my vest. The uncolored portion of the chart shows what I have left to do, but in addition to those unmarked rows, I will have to go back and knit rows 1-15 once more before I start my armhole steeks. I'm very pleased with it thus far!

Minimal housework needed to be done, and by the time I finished, Scooter was walking back through the door to see if I would like to go spend a couple of hours at one of our larger antique malls. We came home with just a few, but fun little treasures this time. I'm not sure why this appealed to me, and I'm not even sure what I will do with this frame, but I liked it and will figure something out eventually.
When I saw this, I knew right away what I would do with it! It helped that I loved the crystal doorknobs on it and could picture my necklaces and bracelets hanging from them. The three separate mirrors are very distressed and I'm not sure if I will keep them in there or not. Sort of lends itself to a more nostalgic era though, right? Then again, it would make lovely little frames for pictures.

A couple of months ago, I purchased the small cake stand at the same antique mall. I really had no idea what I would do with it, I just liked it. I discovered what I would do with it yesterday when I found this cute little cupcake photo holder. I'm not sure what it's made of, but it feels sort of rubbery, so yep, it's the calorie free kind. It looks sort of lonely by itself, so I think I will go back over to the mall sometime this week and pick up a couple more.
The last little treasure we brought home was a small decorative lamp we wanted for our den/media room. Right now, it's sitting on the corner of a shelf, but I'm not sure if that will be its permanent home or not. I'm still just testing it to see how much I really like it there.


...mock cheese danish, yogurt with Grape Nuts cereal, or a scrambled egg on an English muffin. These would all be typical meals on my morning menu for breakfast. Instead, I decided today to make myself brunch and skip lunch so I can run some errands. I haven't had French toast in a very long time, so that will be this morning's fare..along with some fresh fruit. Just sounded good for a little variety!
Have a great week everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by!