Fifty-seven years ago today, I was born to a hard working young couple, in a little historic foothill mining town in California. How little you ask? Well, at that time, my dad and his brother had the only gas station in Placerville. Even today, there are still only about 10,000 people there. By today's standards, I would call that small for any town.I thought I would share a few mementos from my baby book with you....
I believe my mom said this pic was taken at the age of three months. She said she loved dressing me up like a little baby doll. Is it any wonder I have remained very girly?! Don't mistake that as a weakness though...I can handle a hammer and table saw right along with the burliest of men!
I believe my mom said this pic was taken at the age of three months. She said she loved dressing me up like a little baby doll. Is it any wonder I have remained very girly?! Don't mistake that as a weakness though...I can handle a hammer and table saw right along with the burliest of men!
And last, but not least, I thought I would show you a comparison shot of me at three months and five years old when I was in kindergarten. Hey, I thought I handled a pair of scissors pretty well for being only five..thank God I could only reach my bangs and not the very long ponytail in the back!
Yesterday was absolutely wonderful. My girlfriend, Carol, took me to the LYS where I bought NOTHING...NADA, ZIP, ZILCH!! I KNOOOOOW, right? I have got to knit up some of my stash first though...and then there is Stitches that is just three months away. I did get some good ideas though for Christmas, so now if anyone could just throw some extra time my way, I'd be ever so grateful. After shopping for a bit, Carol took me out to lunch to celebrate my birthday. I LOOOVE Indian food, so we tried a restaurant pretty close to my house. She had been there a few times before, but I hadn't had the chance to try it yet. I haven't had Indian food in the four years since I moved back from Kentucky, and it was soooooo yummy!!! I can hardly wait to take Scooter...he has never had Indian food. I know he is going to love it though, because he loves spicy, which a lot of the dishes are. Carol and I had such a nice time lunching and sitting and talking for a couple of hours. She is a brilliant woman, and if you are on Ravelry, check out her projects. Talk about fantastic!!!! Oh yeah, she is atriana on there.
When Scooter and I settled in for the drizzly, cold evening, I knitted while we watched some television. I've almost completed Grayson's baby sweater. I know, I keep saying that, right? No, it's true, and you can see for yourself that all I have to do is knit the front bands and sew on some buttons. I hope to have it finished by the end of this week since I'll be seeing my girlfriend, Grayson's great aunt, to see if it's what she had in mind. I'm sure it will be, and then I can move on with the hat, socks, and mitts to match.
Thank you Mom and Dad! So far, it's been a wonderful life, and I can't imagine being any more blessed than I already am!!!
Happy Birthday! What a great post!:)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! I hope it's been an amazing day for you! You are a blessing!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much, Dawn and Wendy!!! I had an awesomely fantastic day!!
ReplyDeleteAwh..how darling.. loved this whole trip down memory lane for you. Shopping sounds divine.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad your day was special.