Saturday, June 9, 2012

Forgotten treasure (to me anyway)



A quilt top I had made back in the late 70's, perhaps early 80's, with no rhyme or reason really. I just wanted it colorful...hahaha.  I must have grown bored with it, and gave it to my mom. She passed away in February of this year, and I found it in sorting her belongings...along with about five tubs FULL of fabric, quilting books, etc. All the paraphernalia one would need to make a quilt. We will see how far that goes...it might all get donated or given to friends. My granddaughters already took what they wanted for some sewing projects, but I still need to scavenge through it and see if there is anything I might want. I have every intention of getting this top quilted now. It contains fabric from clothes I sewed for my children and niece when they were all very small.

The one hanging behind is one my grandmother made many, many years ago. It is too fragile to actually use now, so I have it draped over a quilt hanger on my living room wall. I love that there will be four generations of quilts in my home. When my oldest granddaughter was just 9 years old, she took sewing lessons, and made me a quilt for my birthday that year. I absolutely adore it. I'll have to remember to share a picture of it with you sometime.

There has been quite a bit of knitting and crocheting going on, and as soon as I get ends woven in, and projects blocked, I'll share them with you all. Until we meet again....

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back on your blog!!

    Happy week to you.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nancy. I seem a bit rusty at it, but hopefully, I'll get back in the groove. :=)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by!