So, I couldn't wait to get back home today from running my errands to start moving things around. The table's new home was going to be in my new sewing/craft/office room, and after measuring the wall I wanted it to go on to make sure it would fit, I was all set to move it. It works perfect and I couldn't be happier! When I want to sew or craft, my laptop will fit perfect alongside the cookbooks on the bottom shelf. Now I'm ready to start hanging pictures and completing the decorating in my new room.
Last night, I took my first lesson at our local community college on how to play the ukulele. I absolutely loved it!! The instructor is funny, owns a local guitar/ukulele shop, is an amazing musician, and has the patience of a saint! I haven't really said much to anyone other than my husband about a year ago, that I wanted to learn this instrument. So, about three weeks ago, he took me to buy my first uke. It's a tenor and is made by Fender (hubby's a Fender guy, except for his Martin guitar), and has excellent tone. My instructor saw that I was struggling to make my fingers stand up tall on the fret board, because I was also trying to hold onto my uke at the same time as I was playing chords. He told me if I would bring it by to him today, he would put some strap pins on and I could buy a strap so that I didn't have to worry about dropping my instrument. It has helped immensely! I love playing it, and once I build some confidence with it, I plan to join a local club. The best part though is, I want to be able to play songs and sing with and for my grandchildren. I'll keep you posted on my progress!
To be continued.....until my return, stay well and stay happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!