Waiting for its soak and thwacking
On Mondays, I get one of my little grandsons for a few hours while his mommy, my daughter, volunteers at her other children's school. It is such a joy to have him "hang out" with me...that's what he says to his mom.."I wanna go hang out with nana today". We play games, but mostly, he just wants to sit and hold my little Chihuahua, Isabelle aka Izzie, while he watches Sprout. He just adores her, but she isn't too sure of him, or anyone else for that matter. She's a very timid little pup and usually claws her way back into my arms to be snuggled into my neck.
He tried to fool me yesterday and pretend like he was asleep. He's such a little cutie bug and is growing so fast!
I remember when his older siblings were this age, and I would take them for walks to feed the ducks at the lake where my mom lived. I still have family and friends in the mobile home park where my mom had her home before she passed, so maybe I'll take the two younger little guys to do the same thing. They would love that!! I might even take a look around and see if there is anything that catches my eye...hubby thinks he may want to buy a place there when he retires for good. It would be a lot less upkeep, that's for sure, but I'm not too sure about giving up our house. It's bigger, I love our yards, our 3 car garage, everything about it really. We will see what happens in the future....
These two are now 10 and 12 years old..hard to believe!!
Yesterday, I decided I would like to have a smaller ukulele to travel with. We are getting ready to go on vacation, and I would still like to be able to practice everyday. Not only that, it's a FUN instrument to play! The size I started with is a tenor, but I wanted to get a soprano which should also be a little easier to get my small hands and fingers around the neck to play the chords. At least, until I fully develop that muscle memory. When my daughter came to pick her little one up, I told her what I was going to do, and she surprised me by telling me she would like to learn to play also. So, I surprised her by buying her her first ukulele, and taking it to her. She was so excited, and so am I that she wants to learn!!! It is such a happy kind of music that comes from the uke, and I'm all too happy to teach her what I know so far!
Tenor is on the right, soprano on the left
I will leave you with one last picture (I love blogs that are photo heavy!) of my other little grandson. I can't wait to scrapbook these!
Their new friend, Mr. Scarecrow!
Have a super good week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!