We always love these trips since it's a day's drive there each way, and I have the best in-laws ever!! It's a very manageable trip and we are able to take our two little dogs with us. They are such great traveling companions, and a good excuse for us to stop every 2-3 hours to stretch our legs and use the restroom. On our way back home to California, one of our stops was pretty amusing as we were pulling out of a gas station. This picture proves the saying "one man's junk is another's treasure", right? We still haven't decided if the poor chap got kicked out of the local RV park, or was maybe a flea market on wheels. We couldn't really get up close enough to see what "treasures" he had plastered all over his vehicles, but I'm pretty sure we could pick out some hubcaps, and possibly a vintage desk model fan. He definitely accomplished a conversation piece.
We made it back home on Thursday evening, and as usual, we had a wonderful visit with family. My sister-in-law and I did some shopping, and since I'm a real pushover for anything with lights and scents, I came home with some sparkly things for Christmas decor (I'll share those with you as the holidays draw near), and a strand of lights that fit perfectly around my mirror in our dining room that will stay up year round. I also purchased another Lampe Berger lamp. Ever since my husband introduced me to these lamps, I have been obsessed with them. They not only diffuse a subtle fragrance throughout your home, but they purify the air as well. Aren't they pretty too? The one in the middle is the one I got this past week, the one on the right is tortoise for a more masculine look for my husband's man-cave, and the one on the left is so pretty with a crystal butterfly that the Swarovski charm is draped around. That one is one my husband surprised me with before we were even married.
Not much knitting took place except for on the drive there and back. My brother-in-law is very ill, so I spent a lot of time with him. He needs just about round the clock care and my sister-in-law needed a break, so I told her to go take care of some doctor appointments for herself, and get a massage, and I would look after him. I did get some knitting in during his spurts of sleep, and thankfully, since this scarf is knit on big needles, I got pretty far with it. This is the one that is for my niece I spoke of in my last post. She requested brown, and I found it with flecks of different colors in it. I think she will be pleased with it!
One last photo to show you before I leave you for the time being, and just because I mentioned it in my last post. I completely finished my little grandson's cardigan and I'm pretty sure it was a big hit with him. He LOVED the big buttons on it! They allowed him to "do it himself" with his little fingers, and his color choice was a really good one for him with his deep blue eyes.
This little guy hangs out with me every Monday morning, and I just love that!!! It was his idea, and since we were gone last Monday, I sure missed it. I'll leave you with this post today so I can go get ready for his arrival. Until next time....
Happy Fall Y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!