Monday, March 17, 2014

My party princess

Sometimes, coming from a divorced family isn't all that bad. Like when your birthday comes along. Two of my grandchildren get to celebrate it twice, once with their mother, and again with their father. The cool thing is, we all get along and it makes for a very fun time. Now that I think about it, I don't know why we don't all just have one big party for them. I guess sometimes schedules conflict, since one set of their grandparents have to come from the bay area. It's funny because we all get invited to each other's parties. My granddaughter's birthday comes first in the year, March, then her brother's is in April. My daughter had a pretty cool, very girly, party for her daughter, who became an official teenager this year. Oh my, let the good times roll! It started with a pizza dinner at her house with NINE of her closest teen girlfriends. Oh wait, it started with a birthday breakfast at a local restaurant. Then I got to have her all to myself for the rest of the day.

We started out by doing some shopping at one of my favorite open air malls in our local town. K had never been to Charming Charlie's and I thought it would be perfect for my girly girl! She had a blast, especially when I told her to pick out as much as she wanted. She says it's her new favorite store, but then, I just learned she hasn't been to Forever 21 yet either. Maybe I will take her there for some Easter goodies.



They have adorable things there, and it was so fun shopping with my princess! Next, we went to Starbucks and grabbed a snack and a coffee, which happens to be next door to my nail salon. We went and got a mani/pedi for the birthday girl, and a pedi for me. I don't get mani's anymore since I began playing the ukulele. I keep my nails short and manicured myself. K picked out a new polish at Charming Charlie's and I already had my favorite color by China Glaze, called Pool Party. I know, fun, right?!?!




I won't bore you with the rest of the day, which entailed a pizza party for dinner, then onto the skating rink with all of those teens, plus her three younger brothers. After that, an all night slumber party where seven of the nine got to stay over at my daughter's house. I would say that was an epic way to celebrate turning 13! Wouldn't you agree?

Fast forward to this past Saturday (a week later), and she gets another party with her dad and his family. We were all invited, but I chose to wait until the next day, yesterday. I did, however, go to my grandson's first little league game of the season though. It was so fun with all of us taking up practically the whole bleacher section, and cheering Kyler's team on. I'm so proud of my daughter and the way her and her ex-husband have remained friends, for the sake of the children. I could go off on another tangent on that subject, but I will leave it at that. Anyway, we enjoyed a great afternoon watching the ball game with good friends and family. All of the grandparents were there, as well as their dad's girlfriend and her son (who calls me "nana" as well and I love it!!). Yesterday, we all met up at a ceramic studio where my granddaughter got to have another party. We all had so much fun painting our pieces and seeing what each other was doing with their bisque pieces. More on that later...

My grandson has finally made it to the majors and is so proud of that. His position is catcher and he's awesome at it! I'm his grandma, so yes, I do have bragging rights...lol I tried to get a picture of him in position and thought I had cleared the fence. Apparently not. You can see him squatting down though. Now that he's older, it's so fun watching his games and we plan to go to every one of them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by!