The newest project on my needles is....
I was more than thrilled to purchase my kit knowing what part of the proceeds would be going towards. I absolutely love the yarn, the colors, and the pattern, and am truly enjoying knitting it!!
This year's Tour de Fleece begins on Saturday, July 5th, but the Knitmore Girls are inviting us to get started now if we want. I need to clear off some bobbins in order to get started, so I've spun four ounces so far of this 100% merino combed top in colorway Baby, by Fat Cat Knits. I think this might be my first time of spinning 100% merino, but if it's not, then I forgot how much I really don't like spinning it. I love the softness of it, but it's got a shorter staple than other fibers I've spun, so I definitely need some practice with consistency. I did achieve one goal with it though, and that is to spin something heavier than sport/dk. Once it's plied, I think I might have a worsted weight yarn! So far, I'm not sure how much yardage there is, but I'm hoping for enough maybe for a cowl or hat.
My friend, Patty, gave me the most beautiful braid of BFL/Seacell, by Beesybee Fibers. I didn't realize she is local to me, so I will definitely be ordering more of her fiber. I loved spinning this 4.1 oz of luxury in the colorway Lantern. I wish she had more of it in her shop, but she doesn't at the moment. I think what I might do is check a LYS to see if there is maybe a more solid color of something I could spin up and ply with the Lantern. I want something vibrant to pull out maybe the raspberry color, or a vivid blue or purple. I'm really into lots of color lately!
It's so wonderful to have my spinning mojo back! Have you been bitten by the bug yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!