Occasionally, I treat myself to a pedicure..ok, who am I kidding? Once a week, sometimes I will go every two weeks, it's one of those indulgences that I enjoy immensely. I'm very picky about the salon(s) I patronize, and I've finally found one that is very clean, friendly, and will often upgrade the treatment I ask for without charging me for it. I have been going to this one for about a year now, and my second time there, they had already memorized my name. I wonder if it's because I bring my knitting, and they seem to be very intrigued by it? So far, I'm the only one I've seen who comes in there with their knitting. The women there are always wanting to know what I'm working on. Mind you, I take very noconcentrationneeded projects. Like dishcloths, or socks. Anything else would be a waste, since I usually become so relaxed, I end up putting the knitting away and snoozing while I enjoy the pampering. I always like to know my knitting is right there though, should I choose to work on it. I decided last night that I would go for a pedi today, so I cast on for another dishcloth. This is the Vertical Stripes from the Leisure Arts publication called Nifty Knit Dishcloths. It's the same cotton I used for the dishcloth I showed you the day before in the Mini Cables pattern. I'm trying to use up this cotton so I can justify buying some different colors. This color doesn't really match anything in my kitchen, but it can always go into my gift stash, should I choose not to keep it.

The Age of Brass and Steam for the Doubleknit podcast KAL, is finally 100% completed! It's even more exquisite than I expected. This piece is definitely going to get a ton of wear. It's red (a color I like to wear a lot of), it's out of my own handspun yarn, and it's a simple, but pretty design!
Finishing up WIPs (works in progress) has been one of my top priorities the past couple of months, and my tunic, Opal by Louisa Harding, was the first to be picked back up this week. I finished the back quite some time ago, and am now making progress on the front.
In preparation for the KAL I'm hostessing for my knit night group, I have wound my yarn (Lisa Souza Dyeworks), printed my pattern (vodka lemonade by Thea Coleman aka baby cocktails), and knitted my swatch. It's almost dry, and it appears to be spot on for gauge using the needle size in the pattern. I love the idea of doing this as a knit along...it will keep me on task, and I'm more likely to finish in a reasonable amount of time.
Our weather here in northern California is going to cause the thermometer to climb today. We are expecting a temp of 89 degrees (F). For those in the areas affected by the devastating tornadoes the past couple of days, my sincerest thoughts and prayers are with you all! I have quite a bit of family in northern Alabama and southern Tennessee, and I'm very thankful they are all okay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!