I am ready to pick up stitches today for the sleeves, which are 3/4 length, my favorite!
I love the lace inserts on the fronts and it also has it in the middle of the back.
After I finished the body of my cardi last night, I decided to knit a few rounds on my Bad Oyster scarf/shawlette. I need to knit on this more often...I forget how much I love working on this!
While I had my morning coffee yesterday, I also sat and did some spinning. I almost have my second bobbin filled up, and then will do a two ply. I still have a little over a pound of this to spin, but I'm curious to see what plying will produce. I don't think I have mentioned the Louisa Souza fiber I have shipping to me as I type this. It's a Wensleydale in Lisa's colorway called Forbidden City, which is a burgundy color, or at least that's what it looks like on my screen. I've seen Lisa's dyeing process and I'm sure it's going to be beautiful! She is sending me two pounds, and I'm hoping to spin it consistent enough to knit into a sweater. The merino blend I'm spinning right now was supposed to be a worsted weight, but I'm not sure I'm liking that thickness... I won't know for sure until it's plied, soaked and dried. I have been stalking new patterns on Ravelry to see if I could find another cardigan that my teen granddaughter would like for school this fall. I am leaning towards more of a cropped cardi or bolero/shrug style, since she seems to prefer that over something longer. I found a few, but couldn't really decide on one yet, so I think I'm going to peruse my extensive library of books and magazines. Funny, I never seem to think of going through those! Maybe I will have my granddaughter sit and look through them with me...fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!