Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The first days of September

As I was leaving an appointment yesterday, I helped an elderly lady using a walker (a clever one at that...3 wheels!) into the elevator. She thanked me and said "number one, please", which I had to chuckle to myself because there are only two floors in the building, and we were on number two. After that, as we were waiting for the doors to close, there was silence. As the car began to descend, she blurts out "September already!" It almost startled me. I simply said "yes, yes it is." I almost began to remind her of how many shopping days till Christmas, but then I realized I had an old number stuck in my head from a facebook post last week. Plus, you never know if one doesn't even celebrate it.

However, for most of us knitters and crocheters, this is the time of year we start thinking about getting on board with those projects for gifts. I do very little knitting for Christmas gifts, but over the weekend, when we delivered my brother-in-law's birthday socks to him, I was given requests...more socks! His mother and a gentleman friend of hers were there, and my brotherinlaw (I'm going to start running that all together like there should be a hash tag in front of it, if you don't mind) told them that "Debbie makes THE best socks!" Well, that will surely get you another pair, I just can't promise when. Because you see, I need to fill my sock drawer back up, and this time, it's going to be with handknit socks for me! Which is why I showed you the four new skeins of yarn I purchased from Simply Sock Yarn Co. last week. I am nearly half done with the sock I showed you a few days ago. I would post another pic of my progress, but since socks are my 'go everywhere with me' project, I pretty much leave them in my car.



When I last posted, I think I told you about frogging the poncho for my sisterinlaw (sans hash tag again because I don't instagram), and remembering a pattern of one I have actually tried on before. I haven't been able to start it yet, but I do plan to get quite a bit of knitting done today. I will have my two little guys (5 yr old grandsons), and I think I'm going to let them swim one last time in the pool before we winterize it. I won't be getting in today, so I can sit on the patio and knit while they have fun splashing about!
I have worked a bit on my Cointreau Cowl, by babycocktails, but not enough to post pictures. I am loving this pattern..who wouldn't love some cable-y goodness in September!??!
Hubby had a job he had to leave for, for a few days, so I'm enjoying some "me time" and bouncing around from project to project. On the first, I cast on another cardigan to participate in the Doubleknit podcast's 'CardiParty 2014". The rules are very relaxed, and since I have met ErinB a couple of times in person, and truly enjoy her company, and she knits the most beautiful sweaters, I just couldn't resist! I'm knitting Ditto, by the Berroco Design Team, out of MissBab's Yowza-Whatta Skein!, which I purchased at Stitches West, I believe in 2011. I'm so happy to have a sweater in a neutral color that will go with everything!!

 

I hope your first few days of September have been happy and productive days for you!

 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by!