Sunday, August 31, 2014

Outskirts of the city

While it was fairly warm out today, it wasn't that intolerable, especially since there was an ever so slight breeze. We decided to take the fur babies to the dog park, one of their favorite places to go. Oh never mind....you could put Izzie, the purse puppy, in the car and just drive around for days and she would think she was in heaven. That little thing loves riding in the car, which makes it nice when we take road trips. She is the easiest little thing to travel with. Maggie on the other hand, she could take it or leave it. Oh granted, she loves being with us, but she prefers to have her head right in your lap, which isn't quite conducive to driving. We got to the park and we were the only ones there. We love having the park to ourselves! There's a nice little trail around the grassy area, so we will either take a brisk walk several times around, or I've been known to jog it so the dogs will chase me, giving them even more exercise. It wears them out!!
 
My sweet Maggie Mae
 
 My sweet Isabella aka Izzie
 
While they were sitting and trying to cool off, I continued to walk around. I happened to catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye, and as I walked closer to the fence that surrounds the park, I realized they were sheep grazing in the clearing near the wildlife preserve close to where I live. It's so awesome to see this!! I couldn't get a real good picture of them, but you can at least see them...We have several sheep farmers in the area that 'rent' out their herds to control the grass/vegetation. Clever idea, right? It's just so cool to see them out in these areas, especially during a drought. I just wish I could've gotten closer to get a better picture...maybe next time.


 
Over the past two days, I have made significant progress on my Cointreau Cowl, and it is going to be so lovely!! The drape is beautiful, and the softness factor is off the scale! These are the most interesting cables I've ever done too...you actually drop stitches down and do a yarn over on the empty spot. That probably doesn't make any sense, but trust me, it works. This is a babycocktails pattern and can be found on Ravelry as a for purchase design. I'm pretty sure Thea has a website also, but I'm too tired to look for it. Sorry.

 
I had quite a bit done on the Calais poncho for my sister-in-law, but made the decision this morning to frog it. I just wasn't loving it. I have since already found another pattern that I know will work, as I've seen it knitted up before and have even tried it on. The Rosa's Caponcho pattern by Emma Fassio, will be perfect for the yarn, and I know Bobbie will love it!!


I couldn't resist casting on for another pair of wildly fun vanilla socks!!! Remember all of that Opal Hundertwasser I recently purchased from Simply Sock Yarn Co.? I had the worst time trying to decide which one to begin with. I decided on the colorway Good Morning City, and I can't tell you how happy this yarn makes me!!! It is so much fun to see what color stripe comes up next while you're knitting your sock. I'm doing my new favorite heel with these too...the afterthought heel.


Well folks, it was another fun, and energetic day, and I'm as worn out as our pups. It was just the way we like it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by!