Jimmy Beans Wool in Reno, Nevada, is hosting a mystery knit-along and you can purchase your kit from them on their website. It consists of two skeins of Lorna's Laces in colorways dyed specifically for the KAL, and they are all so gorgeous, I had a hard time choosing which combo I wanted. I finally decided on Edith's Secret and Buckingham Fountain. I was probably a little late in ordering mine, but I really thought it would arrive as the first clue was sent out. Usually, when I order something from JBW, I have it the next day. It didn't arrive until today, so it shouldn't put me behind at all, since the next clue doesn't come out until next Sunday. I've got my yarn all caked, my clue has been printed, and I'm ready to settle in with it. This isn't a real accurate representation of the colors of my yarn, but I'm sure I will be sharing more pics with you as I knit the shawl.
It was so fun to get my grandchildren back today. The two older ones (both in middle school) had school, but the two youngest got to stay home with nana and papa today. I was all prepared for them and after lunch, they took about an hour long nap, and then it was time for some fun! I got out the card stock paper I've had for a gazillion years, and cut out some hearts and lips for them to go to work on with the glitter glue. The whole time they were exclaiming, "this is the funnest thing we've done with you nana!" Hahahaha...little cuties. It will be fun to see them once they've had a chance to dry. I will miss the little guys when they go back to school tomorrow!
The look of concentration on their little faces melts me!
While they took their naps, I sat down at my wheel and spun for a little bit. I'm pretty sure I made up for missing the past few days of fifteen minutes each like I said I would do. I probably won't take any progress pics of it until I begin to ply the alpaca I've had on my wheel since September. I'm cutting myself a little slack since when I bought it, the package said it was only five ounces. By the time I bought a scale to weigh it, I had already filled one bobbin, and the roving that was left to weigh, was still five ounces. I'm pretty sure the package was mismarked and it's more like 8-10 ounces at best guess. Well, and then you know, the holidays started coming, and I just didn't find the time to spin. With the new year here, I plan to knit and spin like the wind!
yay! i love obsessing over a show and bringing that obsession in to my knitting!
ReplyDeletewhat a fun project, i can't wait to see it develop!
-melissa