Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pampering, pups, and pleasure

A full day that got away from me, is how I would describe today. My morning began with some relaxation at the salon, and from there, I ran home to grab a bite to eat for lunch, and to get Maggie. She was going to get to spend the day out and about with mom. The weather was so beautiful, so I knew while me and my friend made a trip to the LYS for a sale, that she would be okay in the car with the sunroof open. Oh, and while at the salon, I was able to get in a little knitting time. I am almost to the point where I can start on the toe of sock one, of Scooter's sock monkey socks. I really need to step up the knitting on these as I would like to have a second pair done for him by the first of next month.


My friend and I had a good time at the LYS, even though I said I wasn't going to buy anything when she asked if I wanted to go. Famous last words of a knitter, right? And right after I had just had a talk with myself this morning about going on a yarn diet too! I admit it, I succumbed to that luscious sock yarn known as Malabrigo. Can you blame me? You always need some in the most basic of colors, true? I bought a skein of it in the color Natural, and my plan is to knit a shawl from it. I love white in the winter! Just a certain classiness to it in my opinion. Also, I don't think you can ever have too many on-the-go coffee cups and I couldn't resist this one. I really wanted some cashmere/silk blend fingering weight, but the shop didn't have what I had in mind for another shawl pattern. That's ok though, Stitches is coming!


After our trip to the LYS, we went to C's house to get her dog, a big black Lab that I just love! Bodhi is Maggie's best friend, and they are so good together. We treated them with a romp at the dog park, which made Maggie's day. It was her first time and she absolutely loved it!!! The park we went to is almost the size of a football field and she would get at one end where all the other dogs were, take off running on her short little legs as fast as she could, all the while turning to look back to see if anyone was chasing her. It was hilarious! Her little ears flapping in the wind, I thought sure she was going to lift off. We made all kinds of new friends and will definitely be going back...just as soon as Maggie recovers from the fatigue. Tonight, she is exhausted and isn't even the least bit interested in chasing her cat, Snicks, around the house and playing hide and seek with him.
We came home from the dog park, and while Maggie rested, I helped Scooter a little with the yard work before I came in the house to start dinner. I made us some homemade chicken enchiladas to which Scooter replied, "I don't ever want to find out what life would be like without you!" Awwwwww...what a great compliment!



6 comments:

  1. I am so not allowed in my LYS!! I have no control!!!! But I do need some new yarn......

    I love enciladas! My grandma made the best ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't be allowed in mine either, but with Scooter on one side of me, and my friend on the other side, both enabling me, I can't win. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Malabrigo!!! I just knit a cowl out of Malabrigo worsted and it was luscious. I would show you but I already sent it off. I have to quit doing that. Anyway, the coffee cup is adorable too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Candice! I thought the coffee cup was cute too. I sure hope you at least got a picture of the cowl before you sent it off. I think I'm going to use this Malabrigo for a shawl pattern I want to knit. Not sure when that will happen yet, but hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Angela! Isn't it cute?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by!