Friday, December 10, 2010

A thief in my house

This morning, I was in the guest bathroom blow drying my hair. It's pretty long (middle of my back) and I have tons of it, so it takes me a good 20 minutes on high to dry it. My wrist gets a little tired, so after about 10 minutes, I have to take a break. When I did that today, I heard this loud crunching sound and thought someone was in my kitchen helping themselves, or Maggie had found something she wasn't supposed to have. When I went in search of the noise, I found Maggie had stolen herself a candy cane! Who knew a little dachshund would like peppermint? She had already eaten the 'hook' part of the cane, and was loving it! That will be her one and only human treat for Christmas, and the rest of the cane went into the trash.

This is where she stole it from. I made this piece about 8 years ago or so. It's one of my favorites and makes me want to go buy another band saw, and get out my paints and brushes again. Instead, one of my older granddaughters has asked me to make her a dress, so I'm going to be getting my sewing machine out. I haven't sewn an actual garment now for about 2 years, and the bug has bitten once again. This dress will be pretty involved and I'm very excited to be doing it for her! I sewed all of the bridemaid's dresses for her mother and father's wedding, and used to make prom dresses also. I love the feel and drape of such yummy fabrics like satin and velvet!!

Scooter just got home from being out of town on business all week. So, I'm outta here...have a great weekend and may peace surround you and your loved ones!!

1 comment:

I'm so glad you stopped by!