Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's good to see you again

Last Saturday, I finished the third dishcloth for my mom, to give to her on Mother's Day. I've never seen someone get so thrilled over dishcloths. I guess when you knit them yourself all the time, you just don't think about it... maybe? Mom loves them and told me she had been secretly wishing I would knit her some more. So, seems I was right on target and she loved them! I think I had already shown you the first two, and the last one was from the pattern called eLoomanator. While I really enjoyed knitting this, mostly because it was fast and easy, I'm not sure about the middle part of the design. It's a rather openwork grid of sorts, but anyway....I'll get a review from mom to see how she likes using it. I used some Sugar 'N Cream I had in my stash, which I'm trying to use up, so this was a perfect idea for her gift.


Once I finished with that project, I got to say hello to an old friend that has been patiently waiting for my return. I believe I already introduced you to my "Sweet Violets" scarf aka Coin Lace Scarf/Stole. The break has been good for us, as I now 'get' the pattern, or rather, I can "read" my knitting, as my friend Lew tells me to do all the time. I'm braving through the pattern without a lifeline, but I will soon add one a few repeats from now, which will put me at the halfway point. It just feels good to know that I will soon have another WIP off my needles, even though my fingers are itching to cast on for a new project. It's been a while since I've done a pair of plain vanilla socks, so that is one option I've been considering. I need a take-along project, and that one has always served me well in the past. Not to mention the fact that I need to knit down some of my sock yarn stash! Another option I'm considering is a new cardigan for one of my granddaughters, as well as maybe some variation of crochet granny squares so I can get started on some afghans for Christmas presents. May is flying by and June will be here before you know it. I made a vow to Scooter last year that our Christmas would be in the bag by the end of September. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm on trying to give you a comment...trouble with Blogger. Love the Sweet Violet scarf, and it does look like an interesting knit. Regarding the dishcloths: they make great face cloths with just enought abrasion to remove makeup. But if you tell your mom that, she will ask for even more!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by!