"Every moment we live in freedom was secured by their sacrifice, and every American is in their debt. We can never repay what they gave for this country, but on this holiday, we acknowledge that debt by showing our respect and gratitude." ~ George W. Bush
Scooter and I have had a very long weekend. We got our new fence across the back of our yard put up, and thank goodness, we should never have to do it again! It was a lot of hard work, but along with the neighbor behind us and his adult son, it looks awesome. We used galvanized steel posts set in cement, which insures never having to do it again in this lifetime. We women just lended support, fixed meals and cold drinks, and since their pool is much bigger than ours, at times, we took advantage and cooled off. We made a sort of party of it! Ever since we have lived in our home (eight years in July! where does the time go!?), we have enjoyed the company of our neighbors behind us. They have become good friends, and I love that Natalie loves crafting as much as I do! Yep, she knits too!!! Yesterday, I bbq'd a tri tip, made a pasta salad, and steamed some asparagus for us for dinner. It was so yummy that there is a small piece of meat, and a little bit of pasta salad left over. I won't share photos of any of this because I don't believe in posting pictures of people without getting their permission first. Since I failed to do that, I will show you a picture of the new fence. I know you're excited, right? Our poor yard took a beating, but never mind...it's going to get a new makeover once the drought here is gone. That flowerbed is going to come out as well. I might save the roses, but we will see...
Last week, I taught my 13 year old granddaughter how to knit! Let me tell you...I am one proud grandma!!! She is loving it and has a hard time putting it down after school. Oh heck, she even takes it to school and says the kids who see her knitting tell her how cool it is that she knows how to do that!!! She picked it up so fast, it was mindblowing. I demonstrated for her as she held her needles (yes, I gave her my fancy ones!) and yarn, and that girl was off and running the first time she watched. So I did the only thing a proud grams could do...I rounded her up her very own tote bag, which she has crammed full of yarn now, gave her two sets of my fanciest straights, US size 7's and 8's, and let her pick some yarn out of my stash. As much as she wanted, and whatever she wanted, except for the handspun. Eventually, I will spin her something special, or who knows, teach her to spin her own. How fantastic would that be!?!? In the picture, that is one of two scarves she is working on. I will post progress pics soon. Little brother likes to photo bomb ALL pictures, so he pretended he was helping her with her yarn. Little stinker! hahaha
I spent as much time as I could working on my cardigan this weekend, mostly in the evenings while watching tv with my hubby. In case you forgot from my last post, this is the Vodka Lemonade pattern by babycocktails (Thea Coleman). I am so in love with this piece! Not only is it fun to knit, but the fit is spot on. I was able to try it on after I divided the sleeves from the body, and it feels so lovely!! I will look forward to wearing it this fall, and perhaps in cooler areas when we go on vacation this summer.
I hope you are having a safe holiday weekend, and if you get the chance, thank a soldier and his/her family!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by!